Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Lists

I am a list person.  Always have been.  I remember back even in high school creating these colorful lists of things that I had to do.  That lovely ocd trait of mine has remained with me this far and I still enjoy sitting down with a colorful marker, cute note pad and a brain full of ideas to write down.  This summer though, I have new list.

This list is of things I WANT to do, not things that I HAVE to do!  (One of the items on this list is to do this blog thing again!  Epic fail!)  Since I was probably 15, this is the first summer for me!  I am home, with my son, no school, no agenda, no deadlines, no nothing. 

I sat here the past few days and realized where I am at.  It is a great place for me when I look back and see where God has brought me too.  Oh to be eighteen again, but would I really want to be?  Have a list full of things that seemed so important at the time, but then I look before me, to the precious 2 year old that has captivated me and totally taught me to make a list like the one I have before me for the summer.

Katie's Summer To Do List
1) Potty Train the boy (successfully working on this!  GO MY BOY!!!)
2) Color and read lots of books!  (check!)

What else is coming on this list, well, we will see!  For this is the summer to truly go day by day and see what tomorrow holds!  Hooray!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You blogged :) I will be following you from now on friend!

    ReplyDelete